11 Ways To Make Extra Money This Month
The New Year is already here, and you’re probably wondering how to start January right and make more money in 2019. Sometimes, you just want a little extra spending cash or to bulk up on savings. No matter the reason, I can show you how to create more opportunities to make more money fast. As your unpredictable entrepreneur, I’ll give you creative ways of earning money that will get help you get your finances in order. Here are my top 11 successful ways to earn money, using methods that you’ve never heard of:
1. Earn Money Using Your ReceiptsIt might be hard to believe, but it’s true – Ibotta will pay cash if you take pictures of your receipts! Here’s the breakdown:
- Before you head out to buy groceries, search for items on your shopping list with the Ibotta
- When you finish shopping, take a photo of your receipts and scan the items’ barcodes.
- Receive cash back!
2. Create an Aspiration AccountEver wish that you could better organize your finances? By opening up a second checking account, you can effectively reduce stress when it comes to money management. If you’re ready to start up a second checking account, one of my favorite banks is Aspiration Account because you can earn up to $400 a year. Using Aspiration Account means that there are no monthly fees, and you can earn up to 100 times the interest rate of other banks. Aspiration Account is an online-only account that comes with a debit card, free ATMs, and an easier way to split your income. You can deposit a portion of your earnings into your existing bank account for important expenses like rent and bills. Deposit the remaining amount into your Aspiration Account to save up on fun things, like that vacation you always dreamed of.
3. Get your Paycheck EarlyIf you’re looking to get a jump-start on payday, then Chime is your best secret ally. Chime understands the value in trust – quite literally. Once this online bank account receives notice of a direct deposit from your employer, Chime immediately places the funds into your account – up to two days in advance. Talk about the best payday. Getting paid up to two days early can help you budget your funds before the weekend even starts. If an early payday isn’t enough to sign up for Chime, here are some of their other enticing perks:
- Chime doesn’t charge any of the following fees: overdraft, monthly maintenance, foreign transaction, or minimum balance.
- Signing up with Chime means that you get to use their “Pay Friends” feature, which makes things like splitting the bill much easier.
- Chime customers can access thousands of MoneyPass ATMs across the country – free of charge.
- The bank offers mobile check deposit options.
- You can open a hassle-free savings account, and you can automate your savings using features like the round-up tool (which will round up your transactions to the nearest dollar and deposit the change into your savings, giving you more opportunities to save money).
4. Watch Movie PreviewsIf you haven’t heard of InboxDollars, then you should probably get excited because this opportunity can help you make more money in 2019. This company will pay you to watch movie previews, breaking news videos, celebrity clips, and more. Plus, you get a $5 sign-up bonus! Before you think that you’re going to make money by simply watching TV, keep in mind that you must watch all of the shows in a specific playlist to earn cash. Watch times can be anywhere from a few minutes to half an hour. Here’s the biggest perk of using InboxDollars: you just might be able to earn up to $225 a month!
5. Earn $10 Walmart Gift CardsIf you are someone who often suffers from buyer’s remorse, then this moneymaking opportunity is for you! Ebates is a cash-back app that rewards you nearly every time you purchase something. This company gives up to 40% cash-back when you shop through their service. Plus, they’ll give you a free $10 Walmart gift card just for giving their site a try! Here is how to earn your gift card:
- Sign up with Ebates using your email or Facebook account.
- Use Ebates’ portal the next time you feel the urge to shop (or even for groceries). Just make sure that you purchase through Ebates’ site within 90 days of creating your account and spend at least $25.
- Receive reward points that you can cash in for your $10 Walmart gift card.
6. Work as a Part-Time BookkeeperDo you have a basic understanding of Excel? If you have decent computer skills, then working as a bookkeeper might be a great way for you to earn more money this year! You don’t need to be an accountant or a math whiz to successfully earn as a bookkeeper. As long as you have some knowledge of Excel and a sincere willingness to help business owners balance legitimately their books, you can earn $19/hr. – on average. This money-earning potential is perfect for stay-at-home moms and dads, or for anyone who wants to make extra cash on the weekends.
7. Invest in Stocks – with only $5!You’ve probably heard how much people can earn by investing in stocks, but did you know that you could start investing on a small scale right now? With Stash, you can start investing with as little as five bucks! You just need to pay a $1 monthly fee for balances under $5,000. Stash allows you to invest your money without learning all of the complex investment terms – in as little as 2 minutes. The app also allocates investments from professional fund managers and investors; the only thing that you have to do is choose where to put your money. Just create a portfolio that reflects your beliefs, interests, and goals, and start investing today!
8. Donate to Your Favorite OrganizationsSometimes, supporting a cherished cause is a great way to make more money. Just like many others, I love donating to a cause that is close to my heart. While you probably don’t donate to your favorite organization for praise, getting a reward for your generosity doesn’t hurt, either. Do Good Points does just that – it rewards you for donating to a non-profit organization. For example, if you donate to a non-profit like Feeding America, American Red Cross, or Women for Women, then you can earn points for rewards. You can redeem your points and get gift cards from Amazon, Target, Sephora, Apple Store, and more!
9. Send Pictures to This App (And That’s It!)Can you believe that you can start earning more money and prizes by exploring and taking pics? In other words, you can make money from traveling! With Clashot, you can make money when you upload high-quality photos of cities, food, scenery, and more.
10. Give Feedback to Google for MoneyGoogle wants to pay you for your feedback. Google Opinion Rewards is just that – a reward for your opinions. For every survey that you take, you can earn up to $1, and most surveys take only 20 seconds. Just share your thoughts on hotels, local retailers, or products, and start earning extra cash. This app provides two payment options depending on your mobile: use iOS to receive cash through your PayPal account, or download the app on Google Play Store and receive redeemable Google Play credits.
11. Return Used BooksIf you have any old schoolbooks gathering dust, then it’s probably time to sell them. With BookScouter, you can sell (or buy) used hardbacks and textbooks that you don’t use anymore. This app, which available on iOS, is perfect for current and recent college grads looking to earn some passive income. Just follow these steps:
- Use your phone’s camera to search any book’s ISBN.
- Choose one of over 30 real-time quotes for your used book(s) and complete the transaction on their website.
- Package and ship your book(s) using the shipping label provided.
- Receive a check in the mail or a deposit to your PayPal account!
Check out my blog to learn how to become a part-time entrepreneur.